Thursday, May 10, 2012

Outdoor Photoshoot Checklist | Arlington, TN Family Photographer

In the Memphis area it seems there is a short window of time to capture memories outdoors. The weather can go from pleasant to scorching in a few days. I just wanted to share my list of things I pack in my bag to take to a shoot. And I had to add an image from a recent session I did with the Pickens family. Their daughter will be leaving for the military soon and they had not had a family portrait taken since their youngest was a baby. I met Kim through a friend and I remember talking about how passionate I am about what I do and not waiting to capture your memories. I am happy to have been able to be a part of their memory!


Check List for Photographers

  • Gear- camera, cards, reflector, battery etc
  • Props for the shoot
  • Contract/pens
  • small step stool or ladder
  • Blanket, quilt, waterproof pad or towel to sit on.
  • Water bottles/cooler
  • Smarties to bribe!
  • gold fish, Cheerios, dry snacks that won't melt
  • dog treats/squeakers
  • Bug spray (I love the Off Clip-on's)
  • Rubbing alcohol (or baby oil) to remove temp tattoo's/Cotton balls
  • Nail Polish remover/ Cotton balls
  • Trash bag
  • hairspray
  • cheap combs/ dollar store brushes
  • mirror
  • baby or wet wipes
  • hand sanitizer
  • tissues
  • lint roller
  • chapstick
  • safety pins
  • large piece of fabric and clamps to make a mini dressing room. I use a big backdrop and clamp it around my vans tailgate. Put an old rug on the ground and a small chair. You could also open your 2 doors and clamp it around them. This is great for Seniors
  • Product Samples





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment