Monday, August 8, 2011

Arlington, TN Photographer | What to Wear

    "What should I wear?" Is probably the question I get asked the most after... "How much do you cost?"
There are many places to look for inspiration starting with your own closet. What is your/family style? Are you casual, funky, formal? What colors dominate your closet or your home?
    It is not necessary for everyone to match but, everyone should compliment each other. Last year I captured a family that dressed in browns and blues. I dressed my own family in brown shirts and jeans. Dark colored clothes photograph beautifully outside.  Do you need more inspiration? On Facebook the page Wardrobe Wednesday has some great tips. I saw a photographer friend that dressed her family in grey and had pops of yellow. My family could never pull that off but it worked for them.
    I also think that it is important to be comfortable in the clothes your are wearing. If you are wearing dark shoes you should wear dark socks. If your pants are a little short pull them down a bit before you sit down. Little things like making sure your fingernail polish is not chipped, nails are clean and temporary tattoos are removed will save you extra editing charges from your photographer. And of course your best accessory is your SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment