Friday, August 22, 2014

Nora is One!

First Birthday Pictures!

Nora came down to my little studio back in May to capture her First Birthday Pictures.
I was blessed to first meet this happy little girl back in September of 2013. Her Mom, Cara had called and had great news that they had adopted the most precious little girl and wanted me to take pictures.  The catch at the time was that I had to wait to share them for almost 4 months.
Cara is the one that gets the credit for having the amazing idea for the sprinkles and the clear bowl! We originally did this same One Year Old Picture with Nora's big Sister Daila. You can see her session HERE.  I love it! Many times the first birthday pictures are done before the party and we have no idea how the child is going to react to frosting if they have never had it before.  I clearly remember her sister having a lot of fun letting the sprinkles fly! Nora was a little hesitant at making a mess with them. Nora has to be one of the happiest babies I have ever met! I am blessed to be a part of her Memories!

Parent Tip for First Birthday Pictures:

Your One Year Old typically is going to last about 20 to maybe 30 minutes for a photo session at this age.  Depending on your child you can usually get at least one outfit change. This also varies by photographer as well. If your child normally hates to get dressed do not plan an outfit change.  I love the toddler stage! Probably one of my favorite ages to photograph. If they make a mess I am okay with it! I am still finding snowflakes and heart confetti from previous sessions.  I also have a bath tub directly across from the studio! As soon as we are done getting messy with cake they go right in the tub to get clean!

Photographer Tip for First Birthday Pictures:

I use bulletin board paper for my First Birthday Picture cake smash sessions (or really any child)  It is inexpensive usually under $10 a roll and I can get 2 smashes out of a roll.  You can find it at most big craft stores or teacher supply stores.  Just cut off the bottom and roll up the smashed cake for easy clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment